Home > WMU News
Trustees approve five retirements
April 16, 2010
KALAMAZOO--The retirements of two faculty members and three staff members were approved by the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees at its April 15 meeting.
Trustees also changed the retirement dates of two faculty members and signed off on the return of two administrators to the faculty.
Retiring faculty members
All of the faculty members who are retiring are doing so with emeritus status. Their names, positions, years of continuous service and effective dates of retirement are:
- Dr. Richard L. Hodges (change in retirement date), associate professor of accountancy, 25 years, effective Aug. 8, 2010.
- Dr. Robert J. Ricci, professor of music, 42-1/2 years, effective Dec. 21, 2010.
- Dr. Pamela S. Rooney, professor of business information systems, 30-1/2 years, effective Dec. 31, 2010.
- Dr. Gary L. Wegenke (change in retirement date), dean of the College of Education and Human Development and professor of educational leadership, research and technology, 12-1/2 years, effective Dec. 31, 2010.
Retiring staff members
- Carl M. "Bud" Bender, vice president for development, 13-1/2 years, effective Aug. 31, 2010.
- Charlotte G. Kelley, office associate in the Office of the Vice President for Research, 25 years, effective June 30, 2010.
- Burnie J. Tabb, credit and collection clerk in accounts receivable, 25-1/2 years, effective Aug. 31, 2010.
Administrators returning to faculty
The administrators returning to the faculty, along with their faculty positions, are:
- Dr. Charles F. Ide, formerly director of the Environmental Institute, professor of biological sciences, effective Aug. 9, 2010.
- Dr. Lewis R. Pyenson, formerly dean of the Graduate College, professor of history, effective July 1, 2010.
Media contact: Jeanne Baron, (269) 387-8400, email@example.com
Office of University Relations
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5433 USA