Home > WMU News
Faculty Senate announces new leadership roster
June 29, 2010
KALAMAZOO--Western Michigan University's Faculty Senate has elected its new leadership.
The organization's eight-member officer corps is composed of the president, vice president, immediate past president and five directors. Except for the immediate past president, officers are elected to two-year terms. The new officers are as follows:
- President, Dr. Peter Krawutschke, professor of foreign languages and German advisor.
- Vice President, Dr. William Rantz, professor of aviation science and administration.
- Past President, Dr. John Jellies, professor of biological sciences.
- Director, Dr. Osama Abudayyeh, associate dean for research and graduate programs in the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences and professor of civil and construction engineering.
- Director, Dr. Van Cooley, chair and professor of educational leadership, research and technology.
- Director, Dr. Mary Lagerwey, professor of nursing.
- Director, Judith Rypma, master faculty specialist-lecturer in English.
- Director, Dr. Delores Walcott, professor in the University Counseling and Testing Center.
The Faculty Senate shares in governing WMU by formulating, reviewing and providing advice on policies and other matters of institutional concern.
Media contact: Jeanne Baron, (269) 387-8400, email@example.com
Office of University Relations
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5433 USA