Home > WMU News
WMU hosting receptions for alumni around the country
Oct. 18, 2010
KALAMAZOO--Western Michigan University is bringing a little bit of the University to its alumni on their own turf this fall.
The WMU Alumni Association has scheduled receptions so graduates and friends of the University in three Michigan cities and several other parts of the country can meet as well as network with administrators and each other. Registration is required for all of the events.
- Grand Rapids, Mich.--Reception with Dr. Kay Palan, new dean of the Haworth College of Business, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 4, WaterMark Country Club, 5500 Cascade Road, Grand Rapids. The event costs $10, and the deadline to register is Nov. 1.
- Green Bay, Wis.--Reception with Dr. John M. Dunn, WMU president, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 7, Hotel Sierra, 333 Main St., Green Bay. Dunn will be in Green Bay to watch Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings, a WMU alumnus, play in that evening's game against the Dallas Cowboys. The event is free, and the deadline to register is Oct. 21.
- Washington, D.C.--Reception with Dr. John M. Dunn, WMU president, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 8, Chef Geoff's Restaurant Downtown, 13th St. between E and F St., NW, Washington. The event costs $15, and the deadline to register is Nov. 3.
- Holland, Mich.--Reception with Dr. John Wheeler, new dean of the College of Education and Human Development, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 10, Boatwerks Waterfront Restaurant, 216 Van Raalte Ave., Holland. The event costs $10, and the deadline to register is Nov. 5.
- Troy, Mich.--Reception with Dr. Kay Palan, new dean of the Haworth College of Business, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 11, Troy Sales Showroom for Haworth Inc., Suite 105, 101 W. Big Beaver Road, Troy. The event costs $10, and the deadline to register is Monday, Nov. 8.
- Dallas--Reception with Dr. John M. Dunn, WMU president, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 16, the Capital Grille, 500 Crescent Court, Suite 135, Dallas. Also in attendance will be Dr. Tim Greene, provost; Dr. Diane Anderson, vice president for student affairs; and Jamie Jeremy, executive director of the WMU Alumni Association. The event costs $10, and the deadline to register is Nov. 12.
To register for a reception or obtain more details, visit wmich.edu/alumni, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (269) 387-8777. Questions may be directed to Hardy Figueroa, WMU Alumni Association associate director, at email@example.com or (269) 387-8777.
Media contact: Jeanne Baron, (269) 387-8400, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of University Relations
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5433 USA