Home > WMU News
Trustees approve seven retirements
Feb. 25, 2011
KALAMAZOO--The retirements of three faculty members and four staff members were approved by the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees at its Feb. 24 meeting.
Trustees also accepted the resignation of one faculty member and signed off on a short leave for another.
All of the faculty members who are retiring are doing so with emeritus status. Their names, positions, years of continuous service and effective dates of retirement are:
- Dr. Roberta Allen, professor of business information systems, 32-1/2 years, effective April 30, 2012
- Dr. William H. Fenn, professor of physician assistant, 25 years, effective Aug. 7, 2011
- Dr. G. Gwen Raaberg, professor of English, 22 years, effective June 30, 2011 (change in retirement date)
- Willie J. Harrell, carpenter in Facilities Management-maintenance services, 22 years, effective Jan. 31, 2011
- Cynthia K. Johnson, custodian in Facilities Management-building custodial and support services, 19 years, effective Nov. 30, 2010
- Mary Swartz, director of WMU-Traverse City, 13 years, effective June 30, 2011
- David A. Witt, coordinator of business media services in the Haworth College of Business, 34 years, effective Feb. 28, 2011.
The faculty member resigning is Dr. Zvi Biener, assistant professor of philosophy, effective Aug. 22, 2011.
The leave of absence was approved for Dr. Quentin Smith, professor of philosophy, effective Feb. 1 through April 29, 2011.
Media contact: Jeanne Baron, (269) 387-8400, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of University Relations
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5433 USA