WMU Board of Trustees approves 11 retirements
June 9, 2011 | WMU News
KALAMAZOO--The retirements of five faculty members and six staff members were approved by the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees at its June 9 meeting.
Trustees also signed off on four faculty resignations.
All of the faculty members who are retiring are doing so with emeritus status. Their names, positions, years of continuous service and effective dates of retirement are:
- Dr. Suzanne Hedstrom, associate professor of counselor education and counseling psychology, 23 years, effective April 30, 2012
- Dr. Charles E. Hines Jr., associate professor of accountancy, 35 years, effective Aug. 17, 2012
- Dr. Catherine Julien (posthumous retirement), professor of history, 15 years, effective May 15, 2011
- Trent P. Kynaston, professor of music, 39 years, effective April 30, 2012
- Dr. Frederick F. MacDonald, associate professor of social work, 26 years, effective June 30, 2012
- Brenda A. Brewer, office coordinator in the Department of History, 22 years, effective Aug. 31, 2011
- Greg J. Brown, custodian in Facilities Management-custodial and support services, 34 years, effective June 30, 2011
- Sharon M. Dwan, analyst in the Office of Institutional Research, 16 years, effective June 12, 2011
- Susan S. Kremer, executive assistant to the vice president for business and finance, 39 years, effective June 30, 2011
- Jan M. Prange, gardener in Facilities Management-landscape services, 20 years, effective June 30, 2011
- Mary Swartz, director of WMU-Traverse City, 13 years, effective June 30, 2011
The faculty members resigning are: Barbara M. Howes, faculty specialist II-professional specialist in social work, effective Aug. 21, 2011; Dr. Joni L. Jones, master faculty specialist-clinical specialist in nursing, effective Aug. 21, 2011; Heather Koole, faculty specialist I-clinical specialist in speech pathology and audiology, effective June 30, 2011; and Donna Brostek Lee, assistant professor of blindness and low vision studies, effective Aug. 19, 2011.