WMU Alumni Association selects 2011-12 leadership
June 30, 2011 | WMU News
KALAMAZOO--Twelve members of the Western Michigan University Alumni Association have been elected to serve in positions on the association's 2011-12 Board of Directors, effective July 1.
Directors elected to serve one-year terms on the board as officers are:
- President--Philip Chludzinski of Kalamazoo, CPA and partner of Brink, Key & Chludzinski P.C. in Kalamazoo. Chludzinski earned a Bachelor of Business Administration from WMU in 1980. First elected to the board in 2005, he previously has served two terms as treasurer and as a member of the Scholarship and Marketing committees.
- Vice president--Jeanne LaMere of Marietta, Ga., director of curriculum development for Cengage Learning in Atlanta. LaMere earned a Bachelor of Arts, Master of Arts and Doctor of Philosophy from WMU in 1985, 1990 and 1993, respectively. She previously has served as a member of the Distinguished Alumni Awards, Membership and Marketing committees.
- Treasurer--Albert J. Allison of San Diego, fraud investigator for San Diego's Office of the City Auditor. Allison earned a BBA and Master of Business Administration from WMU in 1971 and 1977, respectively. First elected to the board in 2008, he is serving a second term as treasurer. He previously has served as a member of the Finance, Scholarship, Membership and Marketing committees.
- Past President--Margean Gladysz of Tinton Falls, N.J., senior vice president and regional director at National Executive Service Corps in New York. Gladysz earned a Bachelor of Science in Engineering-Industrial from WMU in 1975. First elected to the board in 2004, she is a two-time member of both the Executive and Finance committees. She previously has served as board treasurer, chair of the Finance Committee, and a member of the Scholarship, Board Nominating, Bylaws and Distinguished Alumni (Award) committees.
Directors elected to serve one-year terms on the Executive Committee of the WMU Alumni Association Board of Directors are:
- Mark Andrew Jackson of Story City, Iowa, city administrator for Story City, B.A. and Master of Public Administration from WMU in 1987 and 1991, respectively.
- Larry Lueth of Portage, Mich, president and senior lender, First National Bank of Michigan in Kalamazoo, BBA from WMU in 1974.
- Tonya Noble of Florissant, Mo., engineering manager, the Boeing Co. in St. Louis, B.S. from WMU in 1996.
- Mercedes Varasteh Dordeski of Beverly Hills, Mich., associate attorney, Frank, Haron, Weiner & Navarro in Troy, Mich., B.A. from WMU in 2003.
Four Alumni Association members were newly elected to three-year terms on the board of directors. They are:
- Mark Allen Jackson of West Bloomfield, Mich, director of information technology, global sales, service and marketing, General Motors in Detroit, BBA from WMU in 1981.
- Jennifer Lentner of Kalamazoo, director of marketing communications, Stryker Instruments in Kalamazoo, B.S. from WMU in 1996.
- Joel Schipper of Allendale, Mich., focused factory manager for Wood and upholstery, Irwin Seating Co. in Grand Rapids, Mich., BBA from WMU in 2003.
- Lena E. Willis of Brighton, Mich., B.A. from WMU in 1976.
The WMU Alumni Association, with more than 12,000 dues-paying members throughout the world, serves the University and its graduates by providing alumni with a continuous link to WMU and each other. Visit wmich.edu/alumni for more information about the association.
For more information, contact Linda Poquette, Office Of Alumni Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 387-8794.