Open house focuses on faculty research resources
Nov. 11, 2011 | WMU News
Research and Dessert
Friday, Nov. 18
KALAMAZOO--Discussion on funding and other resources for faculty research at Western Michigan University will be featured at the Research and Dessert
open house from 1 to 4 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18
, at the Fetzer Center.
Door prizes that support scholarship will be awarded at 4 p.m. Prizes include trips to funding agencies and sponsors and an iPad2. Winners must be present at the time of the drawing to receive a prize.
The event is an opportunity for faculty to learn about funding opportunities and strategies, connect with WMU colleagues and share ideas. Resource stations and mini-workshops on a variety of topics—many listed below—will offer opportunities to network, learn about others' scholarship and explore potential collaborations.
Resource stations and mini-workshops
- Internal funding opportunities, compliance tools, statistical services
- Library resources for scholarship development, dissemination and digitization
- Technology transfer and commercialization resources
- Engaging graduate students
- Support from the Grants and Contracts office
- Research in international settings and working with WMU development
- Developing a winning FRACAA proposal
- Submitting an National Science Foundation Career Award
- Using a Quality Circle Review to improve a proposal
- National Institutes of Health funding opportunities
- Strategies for developing winning proposals
- Understanding research tools such as online surveys, statistics and qualitative analysis software
- Leveraging industry resources
- Training and evaluation opportunities regarding food safety
- Designing your project's evaluation plan
- NSF webinar on the new research.gov.
Research and Dessert is sponsored by the Office of the Vice President for Research. For more information, call (269) 387-8205 or visit wmich.edu/research.