W-Exchange, the email, communication, and collaborations tools powered by Microsoft 365, is getting some new safety and security features. Over the next two weeks, the Office of Information Technology will be enabling Safe Links, Safe Attachments, and an external email warning message. This added layer of protection will help identify phishing and malware attacks before they hit your inbox or file systems.
- Scans and verifies links (email, Teams, Microsoft 365 apps)
- Rewrites and/or blocks malicious links
- Monitors, scans, and verifies attachments (email)
- Blocks malicious attachments
External Sender Warning
- Notifies the email recipients of emails that originate outside Western Michigan University. It lets them know to be cautious when interacting with the message.
What does this mean for you?
Most of these changes will not be visible to you. Here are examples of notifications you may experience when viewing email, attachments, or sharing links and files within Microsoft 365 apps.
- The website has been classified as malicious. Opening this website might not be safe.
- Attachments have been removed.
- Attention: This email originated outside Western Michigan University.
Need help or want to report an issue?
Submit a request in Service Hub