Are you a creative, driven individual interested in building or managing your own business? The entrepreneurship major at Western Michigan University may be right for you! You’ll learn to identify entrepreneurial opportunities and build a viable business through developing capabilities in idea generation, opportunity recognition, resource acquisition and financial management.
The entrepreneurship major is designed to combine in-class education with hands-on experiential learning. There are several ways to develop your own business while pursuing your degree by participating in the many entrepreneurship activities offered, including the student business accelerator and the annual business pitch competition.
Whether you’re an aspiring entrepreneur or interested in working for a small business, the entrepreneurship major will arm you with the skills vital for success.
Beyond the classroom
Students are encouraged to develop their ideas and attend or compete at premier entrepreneurial and innovation events. In addition, WMU offers:
After you graduate
The skills gained from the work performed in the entrepreneurship major will lead students to either:
- Add an entrepreneurial mindset to an existing company
- Start their own company
- Work for a startup
- Work for their family business
Where is this program offered?
Other programs of interest
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Engineering Design Technology
- Engineering Management Technology
- Industrial and Entrepreneurial Engineering
- Integrated Supply Management
- Interior Design
- Leadership and Business Strategy
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Recreation: Recreation Management
- Recreation: Sport Management
- Sales and Business Marketing
- Fashion Design and Development
- Fashion Merchandising