Mission statement and organizational chart
The Center for Academic Success Programs enhances teaching and promotes student learning through collaborative, effective research-based programs.
CASP strives to be the leader of academic excellence and support practices for the WMU community, while aspiring to be a nationally-recognized center for academic and lifelong success.
- Integrate college student developmental theories into holistic services that foster student retention.
- Promote student academic excellence.
- Engage students in lifelong learning.
- Build mentoring relationships with students that foster their connectedness with the university.
- Assist students in developing the skills needed to make the transition to college.
- Teach critical thinking skills.
- Teach and cultivate decision-making skills and exploration strategies for major and career choice.
- Collaborate with campus and community resources to provide excellent student service.
- Assist faculty and staff in understanding and meeting the learning needs of students.