Miscellaneous Questions

How do I find my Western Identification Number?

You may obtain your Western Identification Number by logging in to GoWMU using your Bronco NetID and password.

  • Select the User Information Lookup located under your My Self Service.  Your WIN will display.


What is a hold and how do I remove one from my student account?

Holds are placed on student accounts when Western Michigan University charges have not been paid. A hold will prevent registration for classes as well as the release of a transcript or diploma. To remove the hold from your student account you must pay the amount due. Please direct inquiries to the number associated with the hold.


How do I get the A1 Payment Agreement Required hold released?

You will need to clear all other holds. You can then obtain the A1 form by:

  • Selecting Registration.
  • Then Course Registration and the term you want to register for.

The form will pop up. Read, complete and e-sign the form.