WMU ranks among the top 10% of all universities in the country. You'll learn from experts—professors who serve on company boards, develop items that impact your life, and research cures and medical advancements.
- Top five "Best Bangs for Your Buck" (PolicyMic)
- Best Colleges for Your Money (Money Magazine)
- Top 10 producer of Fulbright Scholars (along with many other national student awards!)
- See what it's like to be a Bronco at wmich.edu/students
Campus Community & Learning Environment.
A campus community will impact your experience far beyond what you may anticipate. WMU has long been recognized as a friendly, caring campus. People go out of their way to help. A survey of our recent graduates showed:
- 70% had a mentor who encouraged them to pursue goals
- 98% had instructors who made them excited about learning
- Find out more about our resources at wmich.edu/success
Be Prepared for Your Future.
No matter if you've already selected a career path or have decided to explore your options, WMU will challenge and support you along the way.
- WMU Signature, a unique program found only at Western, will complement your major and help you be more marketable to graduate schools and employers.
- 93% of graduates complete at least one experiential learning activity (internships, co-op, research, leadership, field experience, practicum, etc.). These opportunities will allow you to apply what you're learning in the classroom to a real-world situation.
Make a Difference.
Many students want to make the world a better place—and WMU will support you in those efforts. Whether an interest in sustainability, leadership, community engagement, or global awareness, you'll be encouraged to use your talents and creativity to make your mark. You can learn more about WMU's work in sustainability at wmich.edu/sustainability
Kalamazoo & Southwest Michigan.
"The Zoo" blends the amenities of a city with the vibe of an eclectic college town—surrounded by a four-season playground. Plus, our community partnerships provide ample opportunities to hone your professional skills.
- Top 20 College Town (WalletHub)
- Top 15 City for 20-somethings (Buzzfeed)
- #3 Best Places for Creatives (SmartAssets)
- Learn more about Kalamazoo at discoverkalamazoo.com