Western Michigan University employees receive excellent benefits from the University and are encouraged to pursue educational opportunities. Western offers a discount program for benefits-eligible employees and a remission program for the spouse and dependent children of employees with full time benefits eligibility. Full-time benefits eligible employees can take undergraduate or graduate courses tuition free. Dependents of benefits eligible employees qualify for 75% tuition remission on undergraduate courses.
If your department would be interested in a presentation from the Office of Admissions on employee or dependent enrollment, please contact (269) 387-2000. We can speak at a staff meeting or other large group gathering.
There will be several upcoming information sessions regarding employee enrollment throughout the year.
All employee sessions will be held at noon in the Bernhard Center. Refreshments will be served.
- Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2018 (Brown and Gold Room, Bernhard Center)
- Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2018 (Brown and Gold Room, Bernhard Center)
- Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2018(Brown and Gold Room Bernhard Center)
- Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019 (Room 205, Bernhard Center)
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019 (Brown and Gold Room Bernhard Center)
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019 (Room 105 Bernhard Center)
- Wednesday, June 12, 2019 (Brown and Gold Room Bernhard Center)
- Wednesday Aug. 7, 2019 (Brown and Gold Room Bernhard Center)
The employee sessions will include presentations by the Office of Admissions, the Graduate College, Extended University Programs, Human Resources, University Studies, and the Center for Academic Success Programs.
Applying to WMU
The application you will need to complete is determined by your previous education as well as your education goals. Learn more at one of the informational sessions.
Questions regarding employee or employee dependent enrollment may be directed to the Office of Admissions at (269) 387-2000.