Each fall, high school counselors and career center coordinators from around the nation are invited to attend the Promoting the Publics Conference, which is typically hosted in-person. Past events have featured admission presentations from the 15 public universities in Michigan as well as a college/resource fair.
The 18th Annual Promoting the Publics Conference will now be held virtually, with each institution providing a pre-recorded information session for viewing. We invite you to review the following, and please contact the WMU Office of Admissions if you have any questions.
The following publications are also available for download:
WMU also invites you to participate in a virtual information session where you can ask questions live and connect with the admissions team.
Register below and join us on Friday, September 11 at 9 a.m. ET for a live session. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Virtual Information Session
View the pre-recorded information session from WMU Director of Admissions, Alicia Kornowa, to hear updates and details about Western Michigan University, including:
- Enrollment and outcomes
- Admission and scholarship changes
- Campus events and updates
- Counselor and student resources
To help stop the spread of the COVID-19, many Western Michigan University staff members are working remotely. Office of Admissions team members are available to assist you during normal business hours, and you may connect with us in several ways:
- Call us at (269) 387-2000. Calls will be answered Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
- Chat with us. Click on the “Chat With Us” button in the lower right corner of our website (available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET).
- Email. Connect through a general email account at email@example.com.
You may also locate the admissions representative for your school by visiting the Find My Rep page.