Following is the list of standing committees of the Administrative Professional Association at Western Michigan University. Use the contact buttons below to connect with committees for more information. All committees are interested in growing with new members.
In addition to their specific purpose, these committees also perform other duties as assigned by the president or the executive board. Ad hoc committees are established by the president of the association with the approval of the executive board. Among the currently active ad hoc committees are the Compensation Committee, the Professional Development Committee and the Special Events Committee.
APA committee members list (July 2019)
Awards and Recognition Committee
- Administers the association's awards programs, selecting the recipients.
- Administers the association's scholarship fund.
- Compiles and maintains lists of APA-eligible employees.
- Develops strategies to encourage active membership.
- Maintains a list of active and retiree members.
Nominations and Elections Committee
- Solicits nominations for elected positions.
- Prepares slates of candidates for annual elections.
- Oversees elections and tallies results, reporting to the executive board.
contact Lynda Hunt
- Champions systemic changes to better serve the campus community.
- Develops, organizes and facilitates social events.
- Coordinates the annual APA Awards Luncheon.