Graduate Certificate Application

Graduate Certificate Programs are non-degree programs—except for the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certificate Program—with specific course requirements. Such course work usually will not apply to a WMU graduate degree program. Departments may exclude students with this status from taking courses or may limit the transfer of non-degree hours to a degree program should the student later be admitted to a degree program. Students in graduate certificate programs are eligible to hold a graduate appointment (e.g. assistantship) only within their certificate program. The time period for this non-degree admission status may not exceed four years from the time such admission status is granted. When completing the application, you must select Degree Seeking-New Applicant for the Application Type. 

Instructions and application