Western Michigan University’s graduate Senior Citizens' Opportunity Program in Education offers persons, age 62 or older who have earned a bachelor’s degree (or higher), the opportunity to register for one graduate or undergraduate class each semester or session, tuition free*.
- Participants may register in one regularly scheduled class each semester or session on a seat-available basis.
- Specialized classes may not be made available to participants due to space availability.
- Registration is processed by the Registrar’s Office during the drop and add period (first week of classes)
- Students who wish to register for credit are not eligible for SCOPE.
- SCOPE participants do not have access to services available to typical students, such as student discounts, the Health Center and the Student Recreation Center.
- Special WMU identification cards are issued to SCOPE participants to allow access to the library and academic facilities necessary for class participation.
Qualified candidates must submit an admission application using the online application.
*Tuition is waived; however, parking fees and any special course fees will be assessed.