The Western Michigan University College of Arts and Sciences Strategic Plan calls for creating awards to recognize faculty contributions to the themes and commitments in the plan, including contributions of the faculty to the disciplinary and interdisciplinary teaching, research, creative activity, university professional and community service goals of the College.
- An award of $1,000 will be put in the departmental research account for the recipient to use in support of teaching, research or creative activity, travel, or professional development.
- Each recipient may be invited to present a lecture, seminar or lunch (brown bag) presentation to describe some aspect of teaching.
- Each recipient will receive a plaque at a special celebration.
- One award in each category may be made each year.
- Nomination packages for faculty who do not win will be held and automatically reconsidered for two years. Nominators will be invited to update materials for each award cycle.
All awards are subject to final budgetary approval and authorization by the dean of the College.
Faculty who have received a Faculty Achievement Award are not eligible to receive a subsequent award in the same category within five years.
Only online submissions accepted.
All current, continuing board-appointed persons with faculty rank are eligible.
- Faculty Achievement Award in Global Engagement
- Faculty Achievement Award in Professional and Community Service
- Faculty Achievement Award in Research and Creative Activity
- Faculty Achievement Award in Teaching
- Professional and Community Service
Dr. Jonathan Bush, Department of English
- Research and Creative Activity
Dr. Mercedes Tubino, Department of Spanish
Dr. Tabitha Mingus, Department of Mathematics
Please do not hesitate to contact the College of Arts and Sciences dean’s office with any questions or concerns.
See full list of awards given by the College of Arts and Sciences.