The Western Michigan University College of Arts and Sciences Women's Caucus announces the annual Gender Scholar Award.
Winner will be asked to present their work during the spring semester to the WMU community.
- College of Arts and Sciences faculty (both emerging scholars and established faculty are encouraged to apply)
- Demonstration of excellence in gender-related research and scholarly activities
- Entries are judged based on the overall quality of the work and contributions advancing knowledge in an area of research that has a gender focus.
Please email application materials in one pdf to Priscilla Lambert (firstname.lastname@example.org), co-chair of the CAS Women's Caucus.
- 2020–Dr. Shu Yang, World Languages and Literatures
- 2019–Dr. Alisa Perkins, Department of Comparative Religion
- 2018–Thisbe Nissen, Department of English
- 2017–Dr. Anise Strong, Department of History
- 2016–Dr. Tabassum Ruby, Department of Gender and Women's Studies
- 2015–Dr. Jennifer Machiorlatti, School of Communication
- 2014–Dr. Jean Kimmel, Department of Economics
- 2013–Dr. Ann Miles, Department of Sociology
- 2012–Dr. Jocelyn Steinke, School of Communication
- 2011–Dr. Daneen Wardrop, Department of English
- 2010–Dr. Chien-Juh Gu, Department of Sociology
Please do not hesitate to contact the College of Arts and Sciences dean’s office with any questions or concerns.
See full list of awards given by the College of Arts and Sciences.