TOGETHER WE ELEVATE
Join the College of Aviation in supporting #WMUGivingDay on October 9, 2019!
Since 1903, Broncos have been helping fellow Broncos succeed at Western Michigan University. WMU Giving Day is a 24-hour fundraising opportunity for alumni, friends and community members to collectively elevate WMU to become the school of choice in Michigan by supporting philanthropic goals that impact students. It is an opportunity for any area of campus to spotlight their special projects and causes.
COLLEGE OF AVIATION GIVING INITIATIVES
You can help College of Aviation students by supporting these critical needs:
Hundreds of Aviation Broncos receive some sort of financial support from WMU, and much of that support comes from donor-generated giving. Scholarships make a big impact by:
- Enabling students to stay in school.
- Ensuring graduates are prepared for their careers.
- Helping students incur less of a financial burden from student loan debt.
- Giving students opportunities for enhanced experiences, such as study abroad.
Dean’s Discretionary Fund
Gifts to the Dean’s Discretionary Fund have a significant impact on students through two critical areas:
The Alumni and Friends Scholarship Fund—The landscape of higher education has shifted over the years, changing the obstacles students face to complete their degrees. The Scholarship Fund helps students with extenuating circumstances stay on track to graduate from WMU.
Experiential Learning Opportunities—Gifts to this fund provide out-of-the-classroom opportunities for students that sharpen skills and provide real-world experience. Such opportunities include career readiness programming, company visits, travel for academic competitions and conferences, and much more.
Together, we can make a measurable difference in WMU students’ lives. All gifts, in some way, support student success and help Business Broncos graduate prepared for a career they will love.
TO MAKE YOUR GIFT
There are several ways to get involved in addition to making a gift. One option is to build awareness about WMU Giving Day through your own networks using #WMUGivingDay.
Watch the college’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for ways to give, as well as regular updates about Giving Day throughout the day on October 9th!
- The Big Winner: The academic college with the largest percentage increase of donors from Giving Day 2018 will receive an additional $5,000 in challenge funds. Help us double or triple the amount of donors by giving on October 9th!
- The Selfie Challenge: How many Broncos can you get in one picture? The picture will be taken on 10.9.19 at 12:00PM, in front of our FedEx 727. Come join us to help us win an additional $1000 for aviation students! We will be sharing the photo on WMU Aviation's Facebook page with #WMUGivingDay and #SelfieChallenge hashtags.
- The Globetrotter: The Bronco who makes the gift from farthest away from Kalamazoo will have the chance to donate an additional $1000 to their favorite area of campus. We think our Aviation Alumni have the best shot of winning this one- globetrotting is what we do!
- Bronco Pride Hour: Show us how you're bleeding brown and gold! Your best WMU outfit, home or office decor, decals on your car — however you're showing the world your BroncoPride, we want to see it for your chance to win $1000 challenge dollars for your favorite college (hint, hint- Aviation!) at WMU. Use #WMUGivingDay on social media from 3-4pm EST.