Kendall Teacher Scholars Scholarship Fund
Accepted: July 9, 2021
Deadline: August 13, 2021
What is the Kendall Teacher Scholars Scholarship Fund?
Through the generosity of the Roy and Beulah Kendall estate, an endowment was established to create and sustain the Western Michigan University Kendall Teacher Scholars Scholarship Fund. This scholarship, administrated by WMU-Battle Creek with oversight by a steering committee composed of University and community representatives, will provide tuition reimbursement to eligible Battle Creek area teachers who meet scholarship criteria.
Funds are available to applicants actively teaching full-time in any of the Calhoun County public or private schools serviced by the Calhoun Intermediate School District. This scholarship applies only to coursework offered through WMU-Battle Creek located at the Kendall Center.
General scholarship criteria
- Applicants must be admitted to, or actively pursuing, a graduate degree in K-12 education, and taking coursework approved by an (education) advisor, and appropriate to a degree directly related to K-12 teaching, counseling or administration. Scholarships are also available for applicants completing coursework as a part of professional development or enrichment programs, appropriate to K-12 education.
- Applicants must have current State of Michigan Teacher Certification.
- Applicants must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.20, if there is no history of graduate work, to qualify for this scholarship. A 3.50 GPA is required for graduate work.
- Only coursework receiving a 3.00 GPA or higher will be eligible.
- Up to six hours will be reimbursed for any given semester.
- Additional requirements are listed on application.
Four times per year (Eligible semesters include fall, spring, summer I and summer II.)
- Formal applications must be received approximately five weeks before the start of each semester. Awards will be announced approximately two weeks before the official start of the semester. (Actual due date is printed on application form.)
- Application must be mailed to WMU-Battle Creek or dropped off at the Kendall Center .