March 28, 2018
- Initial three-year plan presented to President Montgomery for approval.
April through August 2018
- Project kick-off (including invitation letters to work group appointees) and adoption of guiding principles by the strategic direction and steering committee.
July through August 2018
- Communicate guiding principles to the campus community and begin gathering benchmarking data to work groups.
September 2018 through April 2019
- Work groups receive charges and guiding principles, then work to develop draft recommendations on identified factors and budget technology needs.
May through June 2019
- Steering committee reviews recommendations and provides feedback to work groups and the core project team.
- Core project team conducts mid-process review to ensure all budget factors are addressed and implementation timeline is on target with any potential modifications communicated to project champions for approval.
- Infrastructure work group begins assessment of infrastructure and reporting needs.
July through September 2019
- Work groups finalize recommendations to the steering committee.
- Steering committee reviews and approves final recommendations.
November 2019 through june 2020
- Core project team continues to model with FY 2019-20 data with input from the advisory group, provide feedback to the Strategic Direction and Steering Committee, and update stakeholders as needed.
- Infrastructure finalizes reporting and infrastructure recommendations which will be available to stakeholders at implementation of new budget model.
- Training work group begins assessment of training needs and review and update of business policies and processes.
March through June 2020
- Core project team integrates would-be model with annual budget planning process.
July 2020 through April 2021
- Training work group completes assessment of training needs and review and update of business policies and processes.
- Start implementation activities, execute training plan and complete business process documentation.
- Run would-be model in test environment, follow up on feedback during test/learn period, finalize any necessary policy changes and provide update to stakeholders.
July 2021 (fiscal year 2021-22)
- Implement new budget model.