Haworth College of Business advisory council
The Haworth College of Business advisory council is about connections—connecting with the college, connecting with alumni, connecting with students.
- Connections: Council members help to engage fellow alumni in the life of the college through alumni events, recruitment of prospective students and recruitment of talent from the college of business. They also connect the college to valuable resources through their own personal networks.
- A strategic point of view: The council engages in a number of strategic initiatives. Currently, council members are working with the dean on evaluating potential risks and opportunities for the college in the next five to ten years.
- Fund-raising: Members of the council assist in fund-raising efforts on behalf of the college by encouraging awareness about the impact of philanthropy as well as the fund-raising needs of the college.
2017-18 advisory council members
Sandi Lucie Doctor, MBA'83
Advisory Council Chair
Kathryn (Katy) Fink
Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer
Mike Gerfen, B.B.A.'87
Ron Harbour, B.B.A.'79
Ann M. Harten
Vice President, Global Human Resources
Market Segment Leader, Michigan and Northwest Ohio, and Office Managing Partner, Grand Rapids
Ernst & Young
Advisory Council Vice-Chair
Mark A. Jackson, B.B.A.'81
Global Director, Process Systems Organization
Carrie Jones-Barber, B.B.A.'82
Chief Executive Officer
Dawn Foods Inc.
Vice President, Integrated Supply Chain
Vice President and Assistant Treasurer
Vice President (Retired)
Western Michigan University
Partner, COO and Chief Compliance Officer
Advisory council emeriti
Active past members of the advisory council, our emeriti continue to promote the college mission and serve as ambassadors for the college.
- James Barnum, B.B.A.'84, Senior Vice President of Commercial Banking, Old National Bank
- John Boll, B.B.A.'77, CEO, GA Richards Group
- Robert DeGroot, B.B.A.'88, Partner and CPA, Crowe Horwath LLP
- Joseph Hemker, B.B.A.'76, Attorney, Howard & Howard Attys P.C.
- Jim Koessel, B.S.'72, Senior Vice President and Director of Premier Banking, Lake Michigan Credit Union
- Michael Lewis, B.B.A.'71, Executive Vice President (retired) BMO Harris Bank
- Matthew Mace, B.B.A.'98, President and CEO, Blue Granite Inc.
- Kenneth Miller, B.B.A.'69, MBA'70, President and CEO, Millennium Restaurant Group LLC
- Stephen Parker, B.B.A.'67, MBA'07, President and CEO (retired), Pacific Floor Care; Owner, Longview Consulting
- The Honorable Julie Phillips, B.B.A.'84, Judge, State of Michigan 8th District Court
- Angela Davis Robinson, B.S.'74, Senior Vice President (retired), Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Jeff Ross, Principal and Founder, Jeff K. Ross Financial Services
- José Santamaria B.B.A. and B.A.'88, MBA'91, Vice President, Senior Commercial Lender, Horizon Bank
- Shawn Toldo, B.B.A.'98, Director, National Partner Sales, Microsoft
- Charles Zhang, M.A.'91, Managing Partner, Zhang Financial