Haworth College of Business Advisory Council
Western Michigan University's Haworth College of Business advisory council is about connections—connecting with the college, connecting with alumni, connecting with students.
- Connections: Council members help to engage fellow alumni in the life of the college through alumni events, recruitment of prospective students and recruitment of talent from the college of business. They also connect the college to valuable resources through their own personal networks.
- A strategic point of view: The council engages in a number of strategic initiatives.
- Fundraising: Members of the council assist in fundraising efforts on behalf of the college by encouraging awareness about the impact of philanthropy as well as the fundraising needs of the college.
Advisory Council Members
- Dick Aderman, B.B.A.'79, chief executive officer (retired), ONO Private Equity Healthcare
- William Berry, vice president, controller, Stryker
- Mike Gerfen, B.B.A.'87, president (retired), Biggs Gilmore
- Steven Gilligan, B.B.A.'86, executive vice president and chief retail credit risk officer, TD Bank
- Dave Hoogendoorn, B.B.A.'88, central region mobility sector leader and global client service partner, Ernst & Young
- Mark Jackson, B.B.A.'81, global director (retired), General Motors
- Carrie Jones-Barber, B.B.A.'82, chief executive officer, Dawn Food Products Inc.
- Matt Mace, B.B.A.'98, founder and chief executive officer, Blue-Granite
- Nancy Owens, B.B.A.'72, vice president, human resources (retired), General Motors
- Timothy Parker, B.S.'90, MBA'00, president and chief executive officer, Community Foundation of North Central Wisconsin
- Heidi Peterson, B.S.'93, vice president, operations, Haworth, Inc.
- Tammy Winnie, vice president, global talent, The Kellogg Company
- Lynn Chen-Zhang, M.S.A.'91, partner, chief operating officer and chief compliance officer, Zhang Financial
Departmental and program advisory boards
- Accountancy Advisory Board
- Advertising Industry Advisory Board
- Business Information Systems Advisory Council
- Finance and Commercial Law Advisory Council
- Food Marketing Advisory Board
- Integrated Supply Management Advisory Board
- Sanford Center Advisory
- Zhang Career Center and Student Professional Readiness Series Advisory Board