Haworth College of Business advisory council
Western Michigan University's Haworth College of Business advisory council is about connections—connecting with the college, connecting with alumni, connecting with students.
- Connections: Council members help to engage fellow alumni in the life of the college through alumni events, recruitment of prospective students and recruitment of talent from the college of business. They also connect the college to valuable resources through their own personal networks.
- A strategic point of view: The council engages in a number of strategic initiatives.
- Fundraising: Members of the council assist in fundraising efforts on behalf of the college by encouraging awareness about the impact of philanthropy as well as the fundraising needs of the college.
Advisory Council Members
- Dick Aderman, B.B.A.'79, President and Chief Executive Officer (retired), HYCOR Biomedical
- Mike Gerfen, B.B.A.'87, President (retired), Biggs Gilmore
- Dave Hoogendoorn, B.B.A.'88, Global Client Service Partner, Ernst & Young
- Mark Jackson, B.B.A.'81, Global Director (retired), Process Systems Organization, General Motors
- Carrie Jones-Barber, B.B.A.'82,Chief Executive Officer, Dawn Foods Inc.
- Sharon Netto-Lipsky, Director of Talent Attraction and Development, Haworth
- Nancy Owens, B.A.'72, Vice President (retired), General Motors
- Timothy Parker, B.S.'90, MBA'00, President, Grand Angels
- Tammy Winnie, Vice President, Human Resources, Kellogg North America
- Lynn Chen-Zhang, M.S.A.'91, Partner, COO and Chief Compliance Officer, Zhang Financial
Advisory council emeriti
Active past members of the advisory council, our emeriti continue to promote the college mission and serve as ambassadors for the college.
- James Barnum, B.B.A.'84, Senior Vice President of Commercial Banking, Old National Bank
- John Boll, B.B.A.'77, CEO, GA Richards Group
- Robert DeGroot, B.B.A.'88, Partner and CPA, Crowe Horwath LLP
- Joseph Hemker, B.B.A.'76, Attorney, Howard & Howard Attys P.C.
- Jim Koessel, B.S.'72, Senior Vice President and Director of Premier Banking, Lake Michigan Credit Union
- Michael Lewis, B.B.A.'71, Executive Vice President (retired) BMO Harris Bank
- Matthew Mace, B.B.A.'98, President and CEO, Blue Granite Inc.
- Kenneth Miller, B.B.A.'69, MBA'70, President and CEO, Millennium Restaurant Group LLC
- Stephen Parker, B.B.A.'67, MBA'07, President and CEO (retired), Pacific Floor Care; Owner, Longview Consulting
- The Honorable Julie Phillips, B.B.A.'84, Judge, State of Michigan 8th District Court
- Angela Davis Robinson, B.S.'74, Senior Vice President (retired), Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Jeff Ross, Principal and Founder, Jeff K. Ross Financial Services
- José Santamaria B.B.A. and B.A.'88, MBA'91, Vice President, Senior Commercial Lender, Horizon Bank
- Shawn Toldo, B.B.A.'98, Director, National Partner Sales, Microsoft
- Charles Zhang, M.A.'91, Managing Partner, Zhang Financial
Departmental and program advisory boards
- Accountancy Advisory Board
- Advertising Industry Advisory Board
- Business Information Systems Advisory Council
- Finance and Commercial Law Advisory Council
- Food Marketing Advisory Board
- Integrated Supply Management Executive Council
- Sanford Center Advisory
- Zhang Career Center and Student Professional Readiness Series Advisory Board