These Western Michigan University’s Haworth College of Business fast facts offer a glimpse into the pursuits and successes of the college.
Points of pride
- Named a top sales program in the nation by the Sales Education Foundation, the college’s sales and business marketing program has earned this designation 12 times. Study.com ranks the program No. 1 in the country.
- The integrated supply management program is ranked in the top 10 nationally for undergraduate education by Gartner.
- The college was named one of the nation’s best business schools by U.S. News and World Report.
- WMU sales and business marketing students placed first in the Thomson Reuters Sales Competition.
- Integrated supply management students won first place at the GM/Wayne State University Supply Chain Case Competition.
- A sales and business marketing student placed first in the sales role-play portion of the State Farm Marketing and Sales Competition.
- The Haworth College of Business was named a best business school by the Princeton Review for the MBA program.
- The Sanford Center for Financial Planning and Wellness promotes financial literacy for the WMU and Kalamazoo communities.
- The Center for Business Analytics is a hub for research, education, commmunity collaboration and industry practice in analytics.
- Beta Alpha Psi earned Superior Status Chapter Recognition for the 35th year.
- Bronco Force and BroncoConnect provide students with the opportunity to consult and work with companies.
- WMU’s Starting Gate, a business accelerator where students can access resources to develop and grow their own businesses, has served more than 80 companies.
- The Greenleaf Trust Trading Room, a state-of-the-art trading lab, gives students valuable hands-on learning experience in financial trading and the study of market trends.
- The Student Professional Readiness Series program provides students with opportunities to engage in co-curricular experiences.
- The college offers study abroad programs spanning three continents—and 15 countries.
- Students in business information systems have opportunities to earn industry-specific certications as part of their degrees.
- The Robert S. Kaiser Sales, Negotiation and Leadership Lab prepares sales and business marketing students to be the best in the country.
- More than 4,200 students choose to study business at the college each year.
- Nearly 1,000 interviews took place in 2017 with employers seeking Business Broncos for full-time and internship opportunities.
- There were 20,054 student interactions with the Zhang Career Center in 2017.
- 94 percent of students surveyed within three months of graduation reported they were actively engaged in full-time employment, continuing education, military service, part-time employment, self-employment or post-graduate internship or fellowship.