Points of Pride
Points of pride
- The supply chain management program has been ranked as a top program for undergraduate education for more than a decade by Gartner.
- An accountancy student received a competitive scholarship from the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.
- A team of four sales students claimed first place in the Desert Cup at Arizona State University's Collegiate Sales Competition, winning the overall team award for the event and outperforming 12 other universities.
- WMU expects to launch three new graduate offerings in 2022 that provide students with the ability to accelerate their careers—a Master of Science in Finance, a business analytics graduate certificate and food marketing coursework as part of the WMU MBA program.
- Two integrated supply management students each received $5,000 scholarships from Achieving Women's Excellence in Supply Chain Operations, Management and Education (AWESOME).
- Students in the Student Managed Investment Fund course manage $2.4 million of WMU Foundation money.
- WMU has been recognized for 15 years by the Sales Education Foundation as a top sales program.
- The Greenleaf Trust Scholarship has supported 83 Haworth College of Business students with more than $1.7 million in funds.
- WMU recently launched fully online programs in cybersecurity. Offered through the Haworth College of Business and College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, the programs were designed with industry feedback to provide the best cybersecurity education in Michigan and outside the state.
- A team of finance and leadership and business strategy students placed first at the Association for Corporate Growth Cup, winning $6,000.
- The Center for Principled Leadership and Business Strategy is founded on the premise that purpose and profit can be powerfully linked.
- The Sanford Center for Financial Planning and Wellness serves students and community members by providing an integrated approach to personal finance.
- The Student Professional Readiness Series provides students with opportunities to engage in co-curricular experiences.
- The Robert S. Kaiser Sales, Negotiation and Leadership Lab prepares sales and business marketing students to be the best in the country.
- More than 2,900 students choose to study business at the college each year.
- 97% of business students feel excited about learning because of their instructors.
- There were 20,300 student interactions with the Zhang Career Center in 2021.
- 9 of 10 Business Broncos surveyed within three months of graduation reported they were actively engaged in full-time employment or continuing education.