These Western Michigan University’s Haworth College of Business fast facts offer a glimpse into the pursuits and successes of the college.
Points of pride
- The integrated supply management program is ranked in the top 10 nationally for undergraduate education by Gartner.
- A team of four food marketing students took second place at the National Grocers Association Student Case Study Competition.
- A team of digital marketing and eCommerce students placed first in the Purdue Northwest Digital Marketing Competition and also claimed a category award for Best Research.
- Two Haworth College of Business students were selected for the highly competitive Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships to study abroad.
- Celebrating 20 years, the Greenleaf Trust Scholarship has supported 71 scholars by awarding $1.3 million in funds and hosting 23 internships.
- Two undergraduate business information systems students go the rare experience of presenting research at the Conference on Health IT and Analytics in Washington, D.C.
- The recently renewed chapter of the National Association of Black Accountants attended NABA's Regional Conference in St. Louis, Missouri.
- WMU sales and business marketing students competed in the State Farm Marketing and Sales Competition, with one student taking top honors in the customer service role-play category. This victory makes WMU the most successful university in the national event's history.
- A team of leadership and business strategy students launched Bronconess, a purpose-driven wine brand. More than 6,000 bottles have been sold in 100 stores, generating $26,000 for business scholarships.
- The Center for Principled Leadership and Business Strategy is founded on the premise that purpose and profit can be powerfully linked.
- The Sanford Center for Financial Planning and Wellness serves students and community members by providing an integrated approach to personal finance.
- The Student Professional Readiness Series program provides students with opportunities to engage in co-curricular experiences.
- The college offers 14 study abroad programs spanning 10 countries.
- The Robert S. Kaiser Sales, Negotiation and Leadership Lab prepares sales and business marketing students to be the best in the country.
- More than 3,600 students choose to study business at the college each year.
- 98% of business students feel excited about learning because of their instructors.
- There were more than 24,000 student interactions with the Zhang Career Center in 2019.
- 94% of students surveyed within three months of graduation reported they were actively engaged in full-time employment or continuing education.