These Western Michigan University’s Haworth College of Business fast facts offer a glimpse into the pursuits and successes of the college.
Points of pride
- The integrated supply management program has been ranked a top program for undergraduate education for more than a decade by Gartner.
- An accountancy student received a competitive scholarship from the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.
- Two human resource management students recently won scholarships from the Society for Excellence in Human Resource Management.
- The Haworth College of Business has been recognized as a “best business school” by The Princeton Review, citing it as one of the best places to earn an MBA.
- Students in the Student Managed Investment Fund course manage $2.3 million of WMU Foundation money. Over the last five years, the fund has outperformed the S&P 500 Index by 1.7% annually.
- Two business students recently received scholarships from the Adcraft Club of Detroit.
- The college currently has two Fulbright specialists who will be conducting research in business information systems and service learning.
- WMU has been recognized for 14 years by the Sales Education Foundation as a top sales program.
- A team of leadership and business strategy students launched Bronconess, a purpose-driven wine. Sold in more than 100 stores, the wine brand has generated $35,000 for business scholarships.
- The Center for Principled Leadership and Business Strategy is founded on the premise that purpose and profit can be powerfully linked.
- The Sanford Center for Financial Planning and Wellness serves students and community members by providing an integrated approach to personal finance.
- The Student Professional Readiness Series program provides students with opportunities to engage in co-curricular experiences.
- The Robert S. Kaiser Sales, Negotiation and Leadership Lab prepares sales and business marketing students to be the best in the country.
- More than 3,200 students choose to study business at the college each year.
- 99% of business students feel excited about learning because of their instructors.
- There were more than 24,000 student interactions with the Zhang Career Center in 2019.
- 9 of 10 Business Broncos surveyed within three months of graduation reported they were actively engaged in full-time employment or continuing education.