These Western Michigan University’s Haworth College of Business fast facts offer a glimpse into the pursuits and successes of the college.
Points of pride
- Named a top sales program in the nation by the Sales Education Foundation, the college’s sales and business marketing program has earned this designation 13 times. Study.com has ranked the program as a top U.S. sales school since 2007.
- The integrated supply management program is ranked in the top 10 nationally for undergraduate education by Gartner and had two students receive the prestigious nationwide Richter Foundation Scholarship.
- A team of four food marketing students took second place at the National Grocers Association Student Case Study Competition.
- A team of marketing students placed second in the Center for Advancement of Digital Marketing and Analytics Social Media Competition.
- The Haworth College of Business was named to an elite list of the top 100 business schools that emphasize sustainability in their MBA program by The Corporate Knights.
- As a Bloomberg Experiential Learning Partner, the University joins just 45 universities worldwide that have this designation. Bloomberg Terminals are available in the Greenleaf Trust Trading Room.
- Accountancy students traveled to Alaska to help complete over 400 tax returns for rural communities.
- The Center for Business Analytics is a hub for research, education, community collaboration and industry practice in analytics.
- WMU sales and business marketing students placed first in both the Thomson Reuters Sales Competition and the Quicken Loans National Sales Competition.
- WMU’s Starting Gate, a business accelerator where students can access resources to develop and grow their own businesses, has served more than 80 companies.
- The Sanford Center for Financial Planning and Wellness serves students and community members by providing an integrated approach to personal finance.
- The Student Professional Readiness Series program provides students with opportunities to engage in co-curricular experiences.
- The college offers 15 study abroad programs spanning three continents and 11 countries.
- The Robert S. Kaiser Sales, Negotiation and Leadership Lab prepares sales and business marketing students to be the best in the country.
- More than 4,200 students choose to study business at the college each year.
- Nearly 1,000 interviews took place in 2018 with employers seeking Business Broncos for full-time and internship opportunities.
- There were more than 20,000 student interactions with the Zhang Career Center in 2018.
- 94% of students surveyed within three months of graduation reported they were actively engaged in full-time employment, continuing education, military service, part-time employment, self-employment or post-graduate internship or fellowship.