It is recommended to complete four advanced level SPuRS-approved activites in your junior year at Western Michigan University.
Reminder: Application for graduation typically takes place during the first semester of your senior year—so you must process your SPuRS Foundational Level audit as soon as you have earned two advanced level SPuRS activities from each pillar. You will be able to continue earning SPuRS after the audit has been approved.
Recommended Junior year activities
Personal and interpersonal knowledge
- Haworth College of Business Speaker Series*
- Starting Gate workshops
- Real Talk Diversity Series*
- Practice Interview Day
- Internship Experience
- ISM Career Night *
- Meet the Firms
- Food, Sales and Marketing Night*
- Finance Career Day*
- IT Forum*
- Food Marketing Conference
Leadership and service
- Bring Your "A" Game to Work
- Business Registered Student Organization Executive Board Member
- Etiquette Dinner
- Women in Leadership
*These activities require you to attend the event on two (2) separate occasions.