Every fall and spring semester, SPuRS publishes its Calendar of Approved Events on our website and in Experience WMU. Hard copies are also available in 2320 Schneider Hall.
It is recommended that students complete a minimum of four foundational level SPuRS-approved activities in their first year at WMU.
Transfer students should plan to take BUS 3000 to satisfy the foundational level of SPuRS.
Students having difficulty completing the foundational level can visit 2320 Schneider for assistance with creating a personal plan of completion.
Recommended first-year activities
Personal and interpersonal activities
- FOCUS Assessment with worksheet
- Professional Communication Modules
- Haworth College of Business Speaker Series
- Art of Mindful Communication workshop
- Career Fair or Career Day
- Major Match-Up
- Create a LinkedIn profile
- Company Research and Position Analysis with worksheet
Leadership and service
- Create a Bronco JOBS profile with worksheet
- Big Interview Engagement
- Bronco Study Zone usage