Distinguished Speaker Series
- Patti Poppe, president and chief executive officer of CMS Energy and its principal subsidiary, Consumers Energy, "Our Promise: The Triple Bottom Line"
- Dr. William Pickard, B.S.'64, founder and chairman, Global Automotive Alliance, "The 7 Principles of Entrepreneurship"
- Laura Morrison, senior vice president and global head of exchange traded products for BATS Global Markets, "WMU to Wall Street"
- David Weinert, senior executive vice president of Westfield Corporation, “How to succeed in the current business environment: A WMU success story”
- Michael Steele, founder, president and CEO of Advantage Communications Inc., "A Unique Perspective on Consumer Responsibility"
- Alessandro DiNello, president, CEO and director of Flagstar Bank and Flagstar Bancorp, "How Western Shaped My Life"
- Gloria Castillo, president and CEO of Chicago United, “Inclusion: Culture in Action in the Corporate Environment”
- Melissa Gray, senior director of sustainability for Rackspace, "What We All Want From Work"
- Thomas Sweet, corporate controller and vice president of finance for Dell, "Business Models and Leadership: What WMU Did and Did Not Teach Me"
- Sam Valenti, chairman of the board of TriMas Corp. and chairman and CEO of Valenti Capital and World Capital Partners, "Total Success: Why WMU is the Greatest Thing That Ever Happened to You"
- William A. "Bud" Brian, chairman and CEO of Budco Financial Services LLC, "Pursuing Your Passion and Developing Passionate Leadership"
- Keith C. Valentine, president and chief operating officer of NuVasive Inc., "The Culture of a $1 Billion Startup"
- Carrie Jones-Barber, CEO of Dawn Food Products, "Rising to the Challenge: Redefining Business While Staying True to Our Roots"
- Dennis W. Archer, chairman and CEO of Dennis W. Archer PLLC and chair of the WMU Board of Trustees, "Education and Leadership + Respect for Ethics and Diversity = A Successful Global Competitor"
- Michael L. Gulino, chief development officer for ITT Defense and Information Solutions, "Experiences, Technologies and Foundations"
- Sheldon L. Stone, partner in Amherst Partners LLC, "What is the New Normal?"
- Arther C. Johnson, chairman, president and CEO of United Community Financial Corp., "Changes and Challenges in Community Banking"
- Birgit Klohs, president and CEO of the Right Place Inc., "Positioning West Michigan for the Global Economy"
- Leslie Wilk Braksick, co-founder of Continuous Learning Group Inc., "Leadership in a Changing World: Stand Tall or Tap Dance?"
- Robert J. Trainor, CEO of Trainor Glass Co., and Thomas D. Trainor, president of Trainor Glass Co., "Entrepreneurship in a Global Economy: A Family Experience"
- Kenneth V. Miller, attorney and principal in Havirco and majority owner of the Millennium Restaurant Group, "Arcadia Commons West and Event Center--A Vision for a Regional Partnership and Development"
- James H. Duncan Sr., retired chairman and CEO of First National Financial Corp., "Banking’s Changing Face: A Former CEO’s Insights on Growth, Credit Cards and Careers"
- Brad Black, president, CEO and founder of Humanex Ventures, "Talent and Culture--What Separates the Best From the Rest?"
- Bill Johnston, president, director and chairman of the Greenleaf Companies, "The Financial Crisis from the World to Kalamazoo"
- Jeanne Carlson, president and CEO of Blue Care Network of Michigan, "The Future of Healthcare"
- Bill Bolton, retired president of Jewel-Osco, "The Role of Private Equity in America Today"
- Carol B. Moerdyk, retired senior vice president, international at OfficeMax Inc., "Breadth, Depth and Resilience—The Secret of Successful Markets, Companies and Careers"
- Craig W. Henderson, founder and president of C.W. Henderson & Associates Inc., "From WMU and Wall Street to Educational Reform."
- James F. Hettinger, president and CEO of Battle Creek Unlimited, "Embracing Chaos- A New Course of Michigan’s Economy'
- Jack A. Gregory, Moody's KMV
- Robert S. Graham, RG Group
- Paul R. Buckman, St. Jude Medical Cardiology
- Stephen P. MacMillan, Stryker Corp.
- Thomas L. Reece, Dover Corp.
- Lloyd H. Dean, Catholic Healthcare West
- Alec E. Gores, Gores Technology Group
- Christine K. Cortez, Daimler-Chrysler
- James H. Reece, Randstad North America
- Rex A. Sinquefeld, Dimensional Fund Advisors
- David Dombrowski, Detroit Tigers
- Dennis M. Nally, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Carlos M. Gutierrez, Kellogg Co.
- Vincent J. Trosino, State Farm Automobile Insurance Co.
- Hank Meijer, Meijer Inc.
- Fred Hannan, Pharmacia Corp.
- Claude A. Verbal, Wesley Industries
- James J. Leisenring, Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Peter F. Secchia, Universal Forest Products
- James P. Holden, Daimler-Chrysler Corp.
- Richard D. Snyder, Michigan Economic Development Corp.
- John W. Brown, Stryker Corp.
- William T McCormick Jr., CMS Energy Corp.
- David A. Daberko, National City Corp.
- Richard G. Haworth, Haworth Inc.
- Dick DeVos, Amway Corp.
- Edsel B. Ford II, Ford Motor Credit Corp.
- Ann McLaughlin, Aspen Institute
- Arnold G. Langbo, Kellogg Co.
- Donald W. Hudler, Saturn Corp.
- Dennis W. Archer, City of Detroit
- Daniel R. Smith, First of America Bank Corp.
- John L. Zabriskie, Pharmacia and Upjohn