In order to protect the health of our students, employees and guests during COVID-19, the University has decided to cancel the 2021 Business Career Camp. We look forward to seeing you during a future camp year.
Build your brand
Are you interested in business or thinking about pursuing a business degree after high school? Do you know what it takes to be a successful business student?
Build your professionalism and work ethic in our three-day career readiness and personal branding summer camp for high school students who have completed grade 10 or above.
How will you spend your days?
- Learning about and applying the seven A-behaviors of work ethic to your personal brand: attitude, attendance, appearance, ambition, accountability, acceptance and appreciation.
- Getting an up-close look at the Haworth College of Business and Western Michigan University.
- Talking with WMU business students about their experiences.
- Touring a business and connecting with business professionals to learn more about careers.
Activities and workshops will be interactive and fun, giving you a real glimpse into the business world, all while discovering and building you personal brand.
The camp will be held at WMU's Haworth College of Business in Schneider Hall, which is designed to mimic the environment of a corporate headquarters.
Only 15 spots available!
This camp is a collaborative effort between the Student Professional Readiness Series and the Zhang Career Center in the Haworth College of Business
Camp release form
All campers must have a release form on file with WMU prior to the start of camp. Guardians can submit forms using one of the following two methods:
- Scan and email the completed forms to Geralyn Heystek at email@example.com.
- Send by U.S. mail to:
Zhang Career Center Attn: Geralyn Heystek
Haworth College of Business
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5470 USA
Questions? Please call (269) 387-2759
A typical day at camp
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Ice breakers
- College and University tour
- Meet-and-greet with current WMU business students
- Visit to nearby business
- Activities about personal branding