Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5318 USA
- Ph.D., Ohio University
- Telecommunications management
- Telecommunications and organizational planning
- Telecommunications and business strategy
- Communication technology and innovation
Dr. Richard A. Gershon is professor and co-director of the telecommunications and information management program in the School of Communication at Western Michigan University. Gershon teaches courses in telecommunications management and communication and technology and innovation. Gershon is the author of:
- Telecommunications and Business Strategy (2009).
- The Transnational Media Corporation: Global Messages and Free Market Competition, winner of the 1998 book of the year sponsored by the National Cable Television Center.
Gershon has twice been selected for national teaching honors, including the Steven H. Coltrin Professor of the Year Award (2000) by the International Radio and Television Society and the Barry Sherman Award for Teaching Excellence (2001) by the Management and Economics division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication. In 2007, he was the recipient of the Distinguished Teaching Award at Western Michigan University. Gershon is a founding member of the International Telecommunications Education Research Association and served as the organization’s first president.