The educational objectives of the computer science program at Western Michigan University are to have graduates:
- Graduates will exhibit knowledge and skills sufficient for continued intellectual growth in computing.
- Graduates will develop mentoring skills and assume project leadership roles in the computing field.
- Graduates will be able to adapt to technological advances and become technical experts in at least one area of computing.
- Graduates will gain an understanding of business and organizational concepts within the computing field.
- Graduates will understand the roles of regulations and guidelines in their area of industry.