The Center for Disability Services staff and advisory board are dedicated to providing consumer-driven services. To this end, persons receiving services will provide the primary direction in shaping their services and formulating their plan of service or support.
- The plan of service or support for persons receiving services shall be developed through a person-centered planning process.
- The plan is to be based on the expressed needs and desires of the persons served and their abilities, capabilities and the supports necessary to reach their goals.
- Services and supports are to be provided in environments that promote maximum independence, community inclusion and quality of life.
- Families shall be valued members of the support team.
- The process will fully explore the individual's and family's desires with respect to life style decisions, and hopes and dreams for the future.
- The process will encourage, support and enable choice, control, independence and integration.
- The process will consider issues and concerns about the person's health, welfare and safety.