"Our Space" is a student-centered, all inclusive, equal access resource room and lounge at Western Michigan University in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. It is located in room 1320 in the Adrian Trimpe Building across from LBGT Student Services. Room capacity is 50 guests.
This space was designed by students for students to embrace differences and commonalities and bring people together for these activities:
- Engage in cross cultural interaction.
- Enjoy books and CDs.
- Play games.
- Watch DVDs.
- Spend time on homework or grade papers.
- Check social media.
Regular drop-in hours are available as listed below. Note that "Our Space" is open during the academic year semesters and closed when WMU is closed.
MCC & Our Space Hours Academic Year Hours:
- Tuesday, September 2, 2019 - Friday, December 6, 2019 and Monday, January 6, 2020 - Friday, April 17, 2020.
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Fridays: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Sundays: CLOSED
Closed during the following dates and times:
- After 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 16, 17 & 18, 2019
- Saturday, October 19, 2019 After 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 27, 2019
- Thursday, November 28-30, 2019
- Monday, January 20, 2020 After 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 2, 3, 4, & 5, 2020
- Saturday, March 6, 2020
Summer Hours: Saturday, April 18, 2020 - September 7, 2020
- Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturdays - Sundays Closed
Reservations must be submitted 2 weeks in advance. Occupants must vacate the building by the indicated closure time. Please plan accordingly and end your event at least a half hour before our closing time to give you cleaning time.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (269) 387-6318.
Diversity Resource Collection
Students, faculty, and staff are welcome to use the Diversity Resource Collection located in "Our Space." View flyer.
The majority of the books, CDs, DVDs, and games were sponsored by Lee Honors College W.K. Kellogg Racial Healing Planning Grant and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. If you would like to donate materials to the collection, please contact Tiffany B. White.
Students, faculty, and staff members may check out books and books on CD for two weeks with an option to renew. The DVDs and games can be used in "Our Space." Faculty and staff members have the approval to check out the DVDs for two weeks with an option to renew.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion hosts a reflection room located in room 1007 of the Adrian Trimpe Building. This room may be used by one person in 30-minute intervals as private space for lactation or meditation, prayer, or reflection.