Steven M. Durbin
Office: 269 276-3150
Office: B-236 Parkview Campus, Mail Stop 5329
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5329 USA
Ph.D., Purdue University, 1994
M.S., Purdue University, 1989
B.S., Purdue University, 1988
- Novel electronic materials and devices, particularly those based on oxide and nitride compounds
- Molecular beam epitaxy and pulsed laser deposition
- Defects and doping in semiconductors
- Earth abundant element semiconductors
- Photovoltaics and optoelectronic devices
- B. Keen, R. Makin, P.A. Stampe, R.J. Kennedy, S. Sallis, L.J. Piper, B. McCombe, and S.M. Durbin, Growth parameters for thin film InBi grown by molecular beam epitaxy, Journal of Electronic Materials (2014) online.
- N. Feldberg, J.D. Aldous, W.M. Linhart, L.J. Phillips, K. Durose, P. A. Stampe, R. J. Kennedy, D.O. Scanlon, G. Vardar, R.L. Field III, T.Y. Jen, R.S. Goldman, T.D. Veal and S.M. Durbin, Growth, disorder, and physical properties of ZnSnN2, Applied Physics Letters 103 (2013) 042109.
- W.M. Linhart, J. Chai, R.J.H. Morris, M.G. Dowsett, C.F. McConville, S.M. Durbin and T.D. Veal, Giant reduction of InN surface electron accumulation: Compensation of surface donors by Mg dopants, Physical Review Letters 109 (2012) 247605-1 to -5.
- W.C.T. Lee, C.E. Kendrick, R.P. Millane, Z. Liu, S.P. Ringer, K. Washburn, P.T. Callaghan, and S.M. Durbin, Porous ZnO nanonetworks grown by molecular beam epitaxy, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 45 (2012) 135301-1 to -6.
- M.W. Allen and S.M. Durbin, Role of a universal branch-point energy at ZnO interfaces, Physical Review B 82 (2010) 165310-1 to 165310-5.
- Nathaniel Feldberg (PhD Student, Physics, University at Buffalo)
- Ben Keen (PhD Student, Physics, University at Buffalo)
- Robert Makin (PhD Student, EE, Western Michigan University)
- Frank Segui (MS Student, EE, Western Michigan University)
- Brian Durant (MS Student, EE, Western Michigan University)
- Kyle Simpson (BS Student, Physics, Western Michigan University)