Location:E-220 Floyd Hall, Mail Stop 5336
Mailing address:Engineering Design, Manufacturing and Management Systems
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5336 USA
- Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, University of Wisconsin, 1988.
- M.S., Industrial Engineering, National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Bombay, 1981.
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Technology Banares Hindu University, 1979.
- Computer-aided process planning and cellular manufacturing.
- Simulation methodology in manufacturing system design and analysis.
- Mechatronics applications in reverse engineering.
- Subra Muralidharan, Brian Tripp, William Liu & Tarun Gupta, Self Assemblability (SA) of Nanoparticles /w Engineered Flagillen Protein (EFP), NSF-NIRT Proposal 2003.
- Implementation of cellular manufacturing & lean production concepts in discrete part manufacturing.
- Mechatronics applications in computer integrated manufacturing.
Grants and awards
- Recipient of "President's Award for Leadership & Service" 1998, SME Chapter 116, Society of Manufacturing Engineers.
- Recognition from Advanced Integrated Manufacturing Center, Dayton, Ohio for the contribution to National Center of Excellence/Advanced Manufacturing Education Project, 1998.
- Recipient of "Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching" 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997 from Western Michigan University.
- Recipient of "Dean's Award for Excellence in Research" 1990, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1997 from Western Michigan University.
- Listed in Marquis Who's Who in America for Finance and Industry, 1992, 1995.
- CIM in Higher Education Recognition Award from IBM, 1995.
- Recipient of "Graduate School Dissertation Fellowship" 1985-1988, University of Wisconsin.
- Recipient of "National Science Talent Search Competition" 1974, conducted by NCERT Council of India.
- Institute of Industrial Engineers.
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.