Student CoMPLAINT TRACKING AND REPORTING
The Policy on Student Complaint Tracking and Reporting establishes WMU's structure for handling and reporting student complaints. While units will be responsible for developing and implementing their specific areas' procedure for receiving and handling student complaints, this policy provides the University's expectation of how such procedures are to be documented and reported.
The Annual Report on Student Complaint Tracking form is the standardized form to be used by all units for reporting number and frequency of complaints; average time for review, referral and resolution; and recommendations for improvement.
The form collects information on:
- Description of the process the unit/department uses to manage student complaints
- Total number of complaints
- Complaint category
- Average timeline for complaint review and resolution
- Number of complaints referred by the Ombudsman
- Resolution type and description
- Partnering units
- Documentation of how units review complaint information and utilize in planning for process improvement
- Website link to unit student complaint procedures.
End of Year Reporting
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (IE) is facilitating data collection for all WMU units' complaints received during the 2018-2019 academic year through the identified procedures outlined in the Student Complaint Tracking and Reporting Policy.
The data collection will be done using a Qualtrics form. The Qualtrics form must be completed by June 30, 2019. If you have any questions, please call or email Adriana Cardoso Reyes, Assistant Director-Institutional Accreditation and Planning in the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.