Online courses require the use of a variety of technology tools to complete activities and assessments. Below, you will find some recommendations and verbiage that can be placed directly into a course. Please review the information about each tech tool listed below - not all of the tools are supported by the IT Help Desk at WMU.
Tools and their uses:
- Mediasite: This tool is used to create video or audio recordings, and Mediasite is the University supported option. This means that we have people on campus (virtually or face to face) to answer questions about the tool for you.
- Audacity: This tool is widely used to create podcasts or audio recordings. While the University does not have trained individuals on campus, the free software does have a support network and lots of video and written tutorials out there.
- Google Drive: Google Drive is used for various purposes, and Google Drive is University supported. This means that we have people on campus (virtually or face to face) to answer questions about this for you.
- CamScanner: This tool is used to turn in written homework assignments, while the University does not have trained individuals on campus, the free mobile scanning application does have a help function within the app.
The following links can be used to assist with troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Reach out to WMU support through the IT Help Desk
- Visit the Student Resources page on the Online Education website.
- Visit the Audacity website for assistance with Audacity.
- Visit the Google Support page for assistance with the Google Suite.
- Visit the CamScanner help section for support, here is how to get there.