Audacity - Free, open source, cross-platform audio software
Audacity is an easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems and was developed by a group of volunteers as open source. The university does not have built in support for this tool, so go directly to the Audacity help pages for technical support.
You can use Audacity for:
- Audio Capture: Record a podcast or other audio presentation.
- Uploading Existing Media: Already have an audio file? Upload the mp3 for editing.
- Search for Audicity or
- Click the link to download the Audacity software
- Open Audacity
There are additional resources below to give you more direct instructions!
Having Tech. Issues? - Go to the Audacity website
- Written Tutorial: Recording and Editing
- Written Tutorial: Mixing a Narration With Background
- Written Tutorial: Editing an Existing Audio File
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)