Over 250 computers are currently available for remote access from the CEAS CAE labs.
Remote lab hours: Monday through Friday — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. During these hours, lab staff will open a classroom for student computer use if necessary.
The offices and main labs of the Computer Aided Engineering Center are located on the second floor of Floyd Hall in the following locations:
- C219 (Classroom Lab)
- C220 (MAC Lab)
- C222 (Open Lab)
- C224 (Classroom Lab)
- C225 (Service Area/Administration)
- C226 (Classroom Lab)
- C227 (Classroom Lab)
- C228 (Classroom Lab)
- C229 (Classroom Lab)
- Christopher Rand, director, Email Christopher Rand | Contact through WMU’s Microsoft Teams
- Contact the CAE Center through WMU's Microsoft Teams Group “WMU-CAE-Center.”
- Lab assistants:
- No food or drinks allowed in the labs.
- No ID, no computer: Check out before using any computer.
- If a computer is not used for more than 20 minutes, it will be reassigned.
- During peak hours, print jobs more than 30 pages will be canceled.
The Computer Aided Engineering Center is a comprehensive computer center comprised of nine computer labs equipped with state-of-the-art technology and specific engineering software for Western Michigan University's College of Engineering and Applied Sciences. The center also provides services to special labs and classroom network connections on the Parkview campus and troubleshooting hardware and software problems.