Learn How to Learn: Powerful Mental Tools To Help Master Tough Subjects
- Thursday, Sept. 16, 4:30 p.m.
- Fetzer Center on WMU's main campus (2251 Business Court).
- Author of A Mind for Numbers, Oakley will provide free books to first 75 WMU students and faculty attending the event.
- Book signing and light snacks to follow talk.
- Hosted by the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences and Dr. Matthew Cavalli, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Academic Affairs.
About Barbara Oakley
Barbara Oakley, Ph.D., is the bestselling author of A Mind for Numbers, a professor of engineering at Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan, and a Professional Engineer. Her research involves bio-engineering with an emphasis on neuroscience and cognitive psychology. Oakley is an internationally recognized expert on learning and on creating high-quality online materials for massive open online courses. With Dr. Terrence Sejnowski, Francis Crick Professor at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, she co-created and teaches one of the world's most popular MOOCs, Learning How to Learn.