Scholarship recipients receive $6,000 ($3,000/year), awarded four semesters (fall/spring) or until graduation, whichever comes first; subject to maintenance criteria.
- Any domestic, undergraduate transfer student entering WMU in the fall.
- Student must be transferring from a community college in Michigan or the Chicago area.
- Requires minimum GPA of 3.5 in transferable courses and completion of at least 26 transferable credit hours prior to entry.
- Student must have completed pre-calculus or transferable equivalent with a ‘C’ (2.0) or better.
- Admissions application must be completed and credits evaluated by the following February 15.
Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. Top candidates from the pool will be considered for scholarship based on performance in appropriate community college courses. Financial need based on the submission of FAFSA may also be considered.
- Scholarship recipients are required to maintain a 3.0 grade point at WMU.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full time (12 credit hours/semester).
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a major in the college.
There is no separate application for this award. Transfer students will be considered once they are admitted and credits have been evaluated. Admissions application must be completed and credits evaluated by February 15.