Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5331 USA
- Ph.D., English/Creative Writing, University of Houston, 1988
- M.F.A., University of Arizona, 1982
- M.A., Indiana University, 1979
- Creative writing
- Contemporary poetry
Dr. Nancy Eimers is a professor in the Department of English at Western Michigan University.
She is the author of four poetry collections:
- Oz (Carnegie Mellon, 2011)
- A Grammar to Waking (Carnegie Mellon, 2006)
- No Moon (Purdue University Press, 1997)
- Destroying Angel (Wesleyan University Press, 1991)
Eimers has been the recipient of a Nation "Discovery" Award, a Whiting Writers Award, two National Endowment for the Arts Fellowships and a Pushcart Prize.
Her poems have appeared in numerous magazines, including Field, Paris Review, The Nation, Antioch Review, North American Review, Triquarterly, and Poetry Northwest, and in many anthologies, including Best American Poetry, Poets of the New Century, The Wesleyan Tradition, The Extraordinary Tide: New Poetry by American Women and The New Bread Loaf Anthology of Contemporary American Poetry.