Establish Western Michigan University’s reputation as an institution of destination for high achieving prospective students and recognized as the primary quality alternative to the flagship universities in Michigan. Incorporate a high quality recruitment strategy with streamlined processes that increases institutional success in raising student quality and net revenue. Implement an institutional retention plan that incorporates best practices and processes that will place WMU student persistence and graduation rates among the top 25% of its high research peer institutions.
Enrollment Core values
- WMU is a student-centered institution.
- Enhancing student quality is essential.
- Enrollment is an institutional-wide responsibility.
- Diversity and accessibility is a foundational principle.
- Retention is as important as recruitment.
- Affordability affects every prospective and current student's enrollment.
- A student's institutional experience should lead to a lifetime affiliation.
- A positive student experience enhances institutional reputation.
- Effective marketing and communication impacts perception in the marketplace, which drives enrollment opportunity.