Introduction to Mendeley Desktop
Learn to use the free reference management software Mendeley Desktop (PC/Mac) to save your references, annotate and take notes on your articles, and create bibliographies for your papers and articles. Mendeley allows you to organize your article, book and report references using folders and tag them for easy search and retrieval.
Participants are encouraged to create a Mendeley Web account at mendeley.com as well as download and install the Mendeley software on their computers so that they are ready to begin working in the workshop.
Participants will learn how to:
- Import references from library databases into their Mendeley Desktop accounts
- Create new references by importing research articles in PDF format
- Organize references using folders and tags
- Annotate PDFs by highlighting and taking notes
- Create bibliographies in MS Word
- Create research groups for sharing references and notes with colleagues
Presented by Edward Eckel, engineering librarian.
Email for more information