Faculty Writing Circles are designed to foster a supportive writing environment and community for publishing scholars at any stage in their careers. Prioritize your writing and scholarship by applying for a semester-long writing circle, which will allow you to carve out designated writing time in your busy schedule every week. These are accountability groups (not peer review sessions) that are focused on supporting individuals’ writing processes, goals, and productivity. Spaces are limited. The deadline to apply for Spring 2020 is December 6, 2019.
Structure of the Writing Circles
- Coffee and snacks in a cozy room on campus.
- Facilitated discussions every week on topics like motivational strategies and developing short- and long-term writing goals.
- Weekly, three-hour sessions:
- 20 minutes of goal-setting,
- 2.5 hours of uninterrupted writing, and
- 10 minutes of debriefing on what was accomplished.
- Accountability for getting your own writing done!
Expectations for Participants
- Commit to regular attendance of weekly sessions. We all reinforce each other’s accountability by showing up every week.
- Arrive for sessions on time so as not to disrupt others’ writing processes.
- Keep a detailed record of your writing goals and progress throughout the semester.
- Be willing to discuss your writing goals and progress with the group each week.
Full-time, board-appointed faculty members will be given priority.
When and Where
The Spring 2020 Writing Circle will be on Wednesdays from 2:00-5:00 pm, January 15 – April 15, in Brown 3025.
Feel free to send this flyer to your colleagues.
*Flyer coming soon.