This institute is a five day professional development program that helps graduate student assess their teaching practices, refine teaching and learning approaches, and improve communication for diverse learners.
The institute includes:
- Workshops sessions.
- Small group mentoring.
- Guided practice and reflection.
Topics covered include:
- Foundations of teaching and learning.
- Effective classroom management and instruction.
- Methods and strategies for teaching and learning.
- Assessment and evaluation.
2019 GRADUATE STUDENT TEACHING INTENSIVE
The Graduate Student Teaching Intensive was offered Monday, July 22 to 26, 2019, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Students were either nominated by their chair/director or self-nominate (and pay the $250 fee).