Starting Sunday, June 30, 2019 Adobe Connect will no longer be made available through the Faculty Technology Center. If you are currently using this software to deliver presentations, online training materials, Web conferencing, learning modules or for desktop sharing you'll need to work with the Faculty Technology Center to transition to Webex.
Adobe Connect is software used by WMU to deliver presentations, online training materials, Web conferencing, learning modules, and for desktop sharing.
Adobe Connect can be used by Western Michigan University employees. All meeting times must be reserved in advance. To schedule a one-on-one training session and to reserve a meeting time, contact the Faculty Technology Center at (269) 387-6958 or email@example.com.
How to Download Adobe Connect Content Before june 30
To continue using recorded content from Adobe Connect after June 30 we recommend downloading it in MP4 format and uploading it to My Medisite in Elearning. For questions or to request help with this, contact the Faculty Technology Center at (269) 387-6958 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Convert and download your Adobe Connect recordings in MP4 or FLV format
Visit Adobe's website on how to convert and download you Adobe Connect recordings.
Upload your content to My Mediasite
Visit the Elearning website to familiarize yourself with using and uploading content to My Mediasite.
Using Adobe Connect for Web conferencing
1. Schedule meeting date through the Faculty Technology Center (FTC).
2. Send invitation link to participants along with meeting reminders of the upcoming event.
3. Create meeting layouts.
Adobe Connect software uses a meeting room layout. All meeting rooms are arranged in pods on the layout screen; with each pod functioning in a specific role (i.e. chat, whiteboard, note).
4. Upload Content.
5. Rehearse presentation using the same equipment which will be used on the actual meeting day.
During the Event
1. Enter the event 30 minutes early to test audio and coordination.
2. Check Internet connection and audio.
3. Ready recording.
4. Disable hibernation, if necessary.
5. Give presentation.
6. Close meeting room by selecting End Meeting – this closes polls correctly so they are captured in reporting.
1. Download participation data.
2. Send follow-up emails, if necessary .