Faculty and Staff

WMU tulipsIf you are a WMU faculty or staff member and you are looking for financial aid documents and information, you've come to the right place. Financial aid is a process governed by federal, state and university regulations. If you are working with a student who has questions about financial aid, please refer them to our website.

For customer service, encourage students to call Bronco Express at (269) 387-6000. Bronco Express sees students on a walk-in basis and will make appointments for students who need to see a Financial Services Specialist. Bronco Express is located in the Bernhard Center.


WMU offers three categories of graduate assistantships: teaching, research and non-teaching (service) through the Graduate College.

Tuition remission and discount

The University encourages its employees and their family members to pursue a formal education. Western offers a discount program for employees and a remission program for the spouse and dependent children of employees with full-time benefits eligibility. Remission is also available to individuals designated by the employee under the Designated Eligible Individual Program. Details of the discount and remission programs are found in the Employee Handbook. Both of these programs are handled through Human Resources. Please contact your HR representative for additional information.


Departmental Scholarship Disbursement Authorization forms



Scholarship awarding policy

The scholarship award policy clearly communicates financial aid awards to students and coordinates these awards with the requirements of federal aid programs, which require that all sources of funding be taken into account in determining federal aid eligibility. The policy is also needed for WMU to be competitive with other universities, most of which follow similar policies, according to Western’s enrollment management consultants.

guidelines for student payments