This is a draft pending University approval. Changes will be made as more information is available.
Procedures for ceramics students
- The ceramics area will be limited to 10 non-Ceramics BFA students at a time to allow for social distancing and movement.
- Students will use MS Bookings to schedule outside-of-class work time in 2 hour periods - 10 student limit per period.
- We will be working on the wheels as well as handbuilding.
- Students will be assigned individual space and equipment that will be cleaned after use.
- Returning Ceramics BFA students will have socially distanced studio spaces.
Room capacity for the Richmond Institute for Design and Innovation
Admin Suite (3, Director, Administrative Assistant, 1 guest)
Conference Room (4, seated at the corners of the rectangular conference table)
Faculty Offices (1, Meetings with students are encouraged only in open spaces)
First Floor Classroom (14 students and 1 faculty member. Extra seats should be removed)
RIDI Dream Labs (6 students per lab, 1 faculty member, 1 Shop Technician)
First Floor Gallery (5, 2 students at quartz table, 3 at coffee tables, extra seats removed)
Third Floor Classroom (12 students and 1 faculty member. Extra seats should be removed)
Third Floor Public Tables (Extra seats that don’t allow social distancing should be removed)
Third Floor Studios (Studios should each operate at 50% capacity)
Third Floor Light Prototyping Space (2 students and 1 faculty member)