Western Michigan University is the premier university in the U.S. offering a four-year, fully accredited business degree in food and consumer package goods marketing.
This major will prepare you for professional careers within the industry and provide the necessary tools for continuous professional growth.
Our graduates are heavily recruited by leading firms from all segments of the industry, including manufacturers, sales agencies, distributors, retailers and marketing research firms.
The food and consumer package goods marketing major provides experiential learning opportunities such as study abroad, internships, tours of industry, business networking, and the annual Food Marketing Conference.
In addition, more than 40 leading businesses comprise the WMU Food Industry Advisory Board, providing generous support for scholarships, classroom projects, cases and presentations as well as numerous employment opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to benefit from all these industry connections in and out of the classroom, as you prepare for your dream job.
food and consumer package goods marketing coursework
- MKTG 2900—Introduction to Food and CPG Industries
- MKTG 2910—Retail Merchandising
- MKTG 3710—Marketing Research
- MKTG 3921—Food and CPG Marketing Analytics
- MKTG 3930—Food and CPG Sales
- MKTG 3970—Food and CPG Internship
- MKTG 4840—Marketing Logistics
- MKTG 4920—Category Management
- MKTG 4940—Food and CPG Marketing Issues and Strategies
Electives (one required)
- MKTG 3730—Digital and Social Media Marketing
- MKTG 3740—Advertising and Promotion
- MKTG 3960—Survey of Food and CPG Industries
- MKTG 4770—Consumer Behavior
- CIS 2640—Applied Analytics Foundations
- CIS 3640—Visual Analytics
- BUS 3960—Study Abroad Seminar
- MGMT 3200—Managing ERP Systems
- MGMT 4340—Family Business Management
- MKTG 4500—Customer Relationship Management
- FCS 1020—Introduction to the Food Service Industry
- FCS 4740—Global Food Systems and Sustainability
With 97% post graduate success, food and consumer package goods marketing graduates have a number of career options at companies like P&G, Kellogg’s, Coca Cola, Nielsen, Kroger and more.
Students with questions or concerns related to their coursework, or who seek career advising should contact a faculty member listed below:
Dr. Duke Leingpibul
Office: 3126 Schneider | (269) 387-4249
Email Duke Leingpibul
Dr. Marcel Zondag
Office: 3262 Schneider | (269) 387-5998
Email Marcel Zondag
Mr. Bob Samples
Office: 3225 Schneider | (269) 387-6122
Email Bob Samples
Dr. Ann Veeck
Office: 3148 Schneider | (269) 387-6140
Email Ann Veeck