Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5247 USA
- B.S., political science, Central Michigan University
Gregory J. Rosine has led Western Michigan University's government affairs outreach efforts since joining the staff in 2003 as vice president for legislative affairs.
Rosine began his career in state government in 1979 as part of the nonpartisan Michigan House Fiscal Agency, serving as a fiscal analyst for eight years and as associate director from 1987 to 1997. He spent the following five years at the Michigan Department of Transportation, serving as chief administrative officer from 1997 to 2000 and as director in 2001 and 2002. Rosine joined the staff of House Speaker Rick Johnson in 2003 as business director and chief financial officer. Later that same year, he moved to WMU to oversee government relations initiatives.
While at MDOT, Rosine oversaw the development and delivery of an annual $1.3 billion capital program, a total budget of $3.1 billion and more than 3,000 employees. He worked collaboratively with the state legislature, Michigan's Congressional delegation, local units of government, and a variety of constituent groups. At the House Fiscal Agency, Rosine worked with Michigan's House of Representatives to identify and explain the fiscal and revenue issues affecting the state. A specialist in higher education funding, he was at one time or another responsible for every aspect of the state budget.
Rosine is an alumnus of Central Michigan University.
- Strategic Management Executive Council—Chair of the 10-member council comprised of vice presidents, the director of athletics, and the secretary to WMU's Board of Trustees, who are charged with tracking implementation of The Gold Standard 2020 strategic plan and enterprise risk management.
- State Relations Officers of the Michigan Association of State Universities—Immediate Past Chair of the coordinating body of the government affairs representatives of Michigan's 15 public universities.
- Kalamazoo County Transportation Authority and the Central County Transportation Authority—Chair of both KCTA and CCTA, which plan, promote, finance and operate the public transportation in Kalamazoo County.
- Kalamazoo Area Transportation Study—Board member of the federally mandated metropolitan planning organization for the Greater Kalamazoo area.